FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
National Nostalgia Drag Racing Association
2009 LEGION OF HONOR AWARDS ANNOUNCED
York, Pennsylvania, March 23, 2009
Pioneers of Drag Racing will be receiving Legion of Honor awards presented annually by the National Nostalgia Drag Racing
Association at the 8th Annual Musclecar Madness at the York Reunion which will be presented at the York Expo Center, York
Fairgrounds, 334 Carlisle Ave. on July 10-11, 2009.
For the first time in the history of the awards presentations
two teams will be receiving awards during the popular awards ceremony which is presented on Friday, July 10th at 6pm.
The 2009 recipients include:
- Hubert Platt, Cumming, GA;
- Bob Tasca, Sr., Cranston, RI;
Healey, Venice, FL;
- Bill Lawton (posthumous) Cranston, RI;
- Bob Chipper, Binghamton, NY;
- Jerry Baltes,
- Sam Auxier, Jr., Gaithersburg, MD;
- Gordy Foust, Douglasville,GA;
- Wally Booth, Hazel
- Dick Estevez, Clinton, MD;
- Al Joniec, Aiken, SC;
- Monk Reynolds, Fredericksburg, VA;
West (posthumous) Dubois, PA;
- Jack Duffy (posthumous) Levittown, PA.
Team awards will be presented
- Charlie "Dodge" Hagenmayer (posthumous)/George Snizek of the Pacers Auto Drag Racing Team Hempstead,
- Terry Strickler (posthumous)/Thomas Strickler, York, PA.
The prestigous awards are presented to
individuals who have made an indelible impression on the sport and the industry during the 60's and 70's. Each individual
will receive an individual award and his or her name will be placed upon a perpetual award that will be displayed at the Eastern
Museum of Motor Racing in perpetuity.
The EMMR is located one mile North of York Springs, PA just off US Route
The 2009 inductees join a elite group of the sports' most famous names i.e. "Big Daddy" Don Garlits,
Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins, Dave Strickler, Bruce Larson, Ronnie Sox, "Jungle Jim" Liberman, Don Yenko, Linda
Vaughn, and the list goes on.
The 8th Annual Musclear Madness at the York Reunion hours are Friday, July 10th 1
p.m. until 8 p.m. and Saturday, July 11th 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All active service men and women will be admitted free
upon presentation of their identification at the ticket office.